Eghart House porch restored as museum opens for the season
The Judge Eghart House, a restored Victorian home in Port Washington, is ready for the season following completion of a major restoration work.
The front porch of the house at 302 W. Grand Ave. has been replaced, retaining the sloped porch and gingerbread trim that are hallmarks of Victorian cottages.
The work was done by Geidel Builders and Son and Dettman Painters.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 23.
The Eghart House, built in 1872, is at 302 W. Grand Ave.
It is operated as a museum of Victorian-era life in Port, with each room furnished with antiques donated by families from throughout the area.
It is open for tours from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturdays from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The entry fee is $3 for adults and $1 for children.
Group tours may be arranged by calling Mary Kay Schuknecht at (414) 704-7945.
To volunteer as a guide or board member, visit www.egharthouse.org.
Category:
Feedback:
Click Here to Send a Letter to the EditorOzaukee Press
Wisconsin’s largest paid circulation community weekly newspaper. Serving Port Washington, Saukville, Grafton, Fredonia, Belgium, as well as Ozaukee County government. Locally owned and printed in Port Washington, Wisconsin.
125 E. Main St.
Port Washington, WI 53074
(262) 284-3494
